We would like to thank you for your business and let you know we respect your privacy. We are committed to protecting your personal information. Please read this notice, which outlines our privacy policies and practices.
We collect nonpublic information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications or other forms such as your name and address;
- Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates, or others;
- Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency.
We do not disclose any nonpublic information about our customers or former customers to anyone, except as permitted by law.
We may disclose nonpublic personal information about you to the following types of third parties:
- Insurance agents and/or brokers that you have chosen to work with;
- Non-affiliated third parties as permitted by law to provide services you have requested.
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal standards to guard your nonpublic personal information.
- Definition: the "Effective Date" is the start date of your policy.
- If you purchase a Marine Insurance Policy from us and notify us that you want to cancel it PRIOR to the Effective Date, you are entitled to a full refund. Notification must be made in writing by the policy holder. Notification may be sent by e-mail or postal mail. Coverage can not be altered or cancelled by voicemail. Please see "contacts" for details.
- If you purchase a Marine Insurance Policy from us and notify us that you want to cancel it AFTER the effective date, please review the early cancellation terms provided to you on the quote, binder and policy booklet. Policy Fees are non-refundable. Any portion of premiums designated as "Fully Earned" are non-refundable. Unused portions of the premium are refundable on a pro-rata or short rate basis, per the terms of your policy. Notification of your wish to cancel early may be sent by e-mail or postal mail. See "contacts" for details. Coverage can not be altered or cancelled by voicemail. If you fail to pay your premium by the due date, the underwriter has the right to cancel your policy; see your policy for details.
The price (known as the "Premium") of each Marine Insurance policy is unique. We will do our best to get you the best possible coverage for the lowest possible premium. You should be aware that Premiums for insurance policies vary from one to the next due to the following underwriting variables:
- Owner's previous experience
- Owner's claims history
- Owner's mailing address or zip code
- Vessel Make & Model
- Vessel Speed
- Vessel Age
- Vessel Value
- Vessel Length
- Vessel Location
- Vessel's primary mooring location
- Navigation territory requested
- Lay up dates
- Vessel usage (private or charter)
- Coverge limits requested by you, including but not limited to Hull Value, P&I, Personal Property, & Towing